patterns & practices Guidance Explorer Add-In for Visual Studio 2008
patterns & practices Guidance Explorer is a tool that enables discovery, composition and consumption of high quality development guidance. Guidance Explorer installs with a connection to the patterns & practices guidance library including performance
and security topics for .NET, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET applications. The guidance library contains a variety of guidance types including checklists and guidelines covering design, implementation and deployment topics.
- J.D. Meier,
Jason Taylor, Prashant Bansode, Soledad Pano, Diego Gonzalez
- Find relevant patterns & practices guidance from within Visual Studio.
- Tailor the guidance for your project within Visual Studio.
- Build customized checklists for your development scenarios within Visual Studio.
- Build customized guidelines for your development scenarios within Visual Studio.
- You can build custom sets of guidance and share with your team as recommended practice within Visual Studio.
- Story – Dev lead scenario
You're a dev lead – You create the structure of the project and identify the guidelines / checklist etc to be followed for the project. Next, you create a guidance structure using the Guidance Explorer Visual Studio Add-in. You associate the guidance to
the project. Next, you check-in the project structure in TFS. The developers check-out the project files and get the guidance with it and now know what checklist to follow and what guidelines to follow for the particular project.
Guidance Explorer Team